3 Signs of “Burnout”
You’re constantly tired, life is just “too hard,” and your get up and go just got up and went! You heave a heavy sigh and wonder if whatever it is that you’re doing is really worth the effort. Burnout? Could be…
What are the symptoms? You might experience:
- Physical and emotional exhaustion
- Lowered immune system response, turning into frequent bouts of illness
- Withdrawal from personal relationships
What can you do to recover from burnout? Slow down and take some time for yourself to rest, relax and reflect. Let go of unnecessary commitments that are a burden. Lean on loved ones or professionals for the emotional support you need.
Remember that burnout is usually triggered by an emotional issue that manifests as lethargy. One of the best ways to help your body better accommodate stress is to obtain regular chiropractic care.
How to Have a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy
Most pregnant women generally agree on one thing – that back pain is definitely a health concern at some point during their pregnancy. It usually begins around the 5th to 7th month of pregnancy, but may begin earlier, particularly if a woman was prone to back pain before pregnancy.
Back pain may cause a pregnant woman to experience lost or interrupted sleep, significant time off from work, an inability to engage in normal activities or even the need for complete bed rest.
Here’s what you can do to alleviate it:
- Exercise to strengthen neck, back and abdomen muscles through yoga or Pilates
- Rest as often as possible and use a pregnancy pillow
- Watch your weight gain – 25-35 pounds (10-15 kg) is generally considered normal
Pregnant or have a friend who is? Let them know that chiropractic adjustments are a safe, drug-free addition to regular prenatal care.